Podcast Episode #18: Demystifying & Understanding TriMetrix
Overview of Episode #18 ---
- Understanding Hiring and Coaching Assessment Tool TriMetrix
- What TriMetrix Is and How to Use It
- All About the Rich History of TriMetrix and the Science of Axiology
- How to Read and Understand the Dimensional Balance Page
Timing on Recording: @ 2:26 ---
Topic 1: Personal Story and Why People Do Not Work Out
- A Personal Story: When I first realized how challenging it can be to hire the right person for the job – a tough lesson.
- Reasons why people do not work out.
- Georgia Labor Commissioner Mark Butler shared 69% let go due to lack of personal skills
- Cost of turnover 1.5 to 8 times salary – silent killer of Corporate Profitability
Timing on Recording: @ 14:37 ---
Topic 2: What People Bring to the Job
- My Car Analogy
- Have to get away from, “Anyone can be trained to do any job.” “With enough training & try hard enough any one can excel…”
bring who they are to the job – and who they are is not only their
background and experience, but their natural style, strengths and
- Fit Matters
- Our data shows that one
assessment is 60% predictable – good fit- in successful hiring; two
assessments are 80% predictable in successful hiring and three
assessments are 93% predictable in successful hiring.
- Department of Labor recommends three views of a person
- Assessment Results should account for less than 30%
Timing on Recording: @ 17:00 ---
Topic 3: What Is TriMetrix?
Timing on Recording: @ 29:20 ---
Topic 4: History of TriMetrix and About the Science of Axiology
- Formal Axiology is a logic-based science
- When we make decisions and take action-we use our mental and emotional capacities to do so. Sometimes we take the right actions and make the right decisions, sometimes we don’t
- Axiology is measuring the quality of our judgment and decision-making by gauging both our mental clarity and emotional orientation and conditioning. Judgement responses reveal strengths and development opportunities.
- Dr. Hartman, “This is a study of one’s thinking habits.”
- Robert Schirokauer – 1932 fled Germany fake passport. Rejected communism and believed that ‘every life is sacred and that you can’t kill people for an idea’
- Changed name: Robert S. Hartman. 12 books, hundreds of articles, 1970’s – companies like Seimens, Volkswagen, Alcoa Aluminum were using HVP.
- Hartman's vision was to give us the means to recognize and fulfill "the good" within each of us, thereby enriching our lives. By applying these principles on a broader scale, we may also enrich our world and make it a place of more "goodness" and peace.
- Serves as a roadmap – pointing where we are and where we can go – to full self-actualization
- How people judge, think and process.
- TTI SI is powered by its three decades of research, conducted by Target Training International, Ltd. data pool of millions of individuals collected over these decades. They have four patents.
- I became certified in 2004.
Timing on Recording: @ 33:20 ---
Topic 5: Understanding How We Make Decisions – Three Dimensions of Thinking from Axiology and Dr. Hartman, The Dimensional Balance Page and Personal Skills
- How does axiology do this? Three main thinking dimensions.
- We all use all three dimensions in our thinking and decision-making to various degrees. We think and feel in all three dimensions, fluidly, all the time.
- Young Man on a Cruise – SYSTEMIC: I’m here to meet women; EXTRINSIC: Three days, tall women with brown hair; INTRINSIC: I met the love of my life
- How this relates to TriMetrix & Dimensional Balance page… The higher the score = high clarity = high capacity – “I can do this with ease – it will be a strength.”
- External and Internal – Six areas:
- External- Understanding Others –“stepping in the shoes of others…” Listening skills, empathy and degree of emotional distance, ability to build trust and rapport. Ability to adapt to others.
- External- Practical Thinking -Common Sense -social norms, can do or frustration in getting things done. Understanding functions at work, apply resources.
- External- Systems Judgment - understanding the system and order, approach to authority, understanding of rules and whether embrace them or rebel against them. Big picture, structure and order.
- Internal- Sense of Self -Sense of inner worth, Comfortable in own skin, below average – hungry for achievement or tendency to burn out-does not take care of self.
- Internal- Role Awareness – changes – impacts resiliency, self-management, internalized role, understand place in the world, if high + - no barriers to their drive/motivation/pride in role
- Internal- Self-Direction - ideal self. Self-discipline, self-image, project self into the future
- Proxy Statements – 78 quadrillion ways to rank the items, First Set of 18 – good to bad, Second Set of 18 - agree to disagree
- Clarity - How well the respondent understands the dimension Based on how the 18 statements were ranked - 4-6 low, 6-8 medium, 8-10 high
- Personal Skills – research --- required at some level for most jobs; all are job related. most jobs only require Mastery of seven, 18- 20 high = high performer, high capacity
- Research – Top Personal Skills in Leaders: Personal Accountability, Goal Achievement, Interpersonal Skills, Leading Others, Persuasion.
Subscribe via iTunes or Leave a Review
Related Podcasts and Articles:
MORE Motivation, Episode #2
Superior Performance Hiring Assessment Process
Short- Term Leadership Coaching – Using TriMetrix
Communication and Motivational Intelligence
Schedule a Complimentary Consulting Call or Send Me Feedback:
STAY IN TOUCH: Are you a leader, trainer or consultant focused on building a Wake Up Eager Workforce? Subscribe to this Podcast Here. You can also sign up for monthly email updates, here. Thank you for being a part of the Wake Up Eager Workforce Podcast!!
Contact us to schedule a Complimentary Consulting Call
or to ask questions about any of our Hiring,
Coaching, Training and Assessment services.