Wake Up Eager Workforce Podcast #1 Show Notes
Podcast Episode #1:
Focusing on Strengths
Overview of Episode #1:
- How focusing on strengths brings out the best in others and contributes to the bottom line
- We’ll look at one of the assessment tools I use, specifically the DISC Assessment and to use it to help people better understand their strengths
- You’ll hear how a HR Consultant uses the DISC Assessment to help teams be effective
- I close out this episode by going into more detail about the five podcast focus areas I’ll be covering
Topic #1 - The Power of Focusing on Strengths:
Timing on Recording: @ 2:15 ---
- How I first learned about the power of focusing on strengths, my
introduction to the DISC Communication Style Assessment and that “People
aren’t difficult, they’re just different”
Timing on Recording: @ 5:30 ---
Topic # 2: Tools I Use to Help Leaders and Team Focus On The Strengths:
Timing on Recording: @ 11:00 ---
Timing on Recording: @ 12:54 ---
Timing on Recording: @ 14:34 ---
- What is DISC: It is a very popular communication style model and leadership
assessment tool that helps you, in a simple and smart way, better
understand human behavior and improve communication effectiveness with
others.The DISC assessment accurately measures four communication
styles/dimensions of behavior, which are each associated with a
behavioral style. IMPORTANT NOTE: The DISC assessment does NOT
measure education, experience, values or intelligence, it only measures
observable human behavior - "HOW we act"
Timing on Recording: @ 16:30 ---
# 3: Interview with Human Resource Consultant Sandie Peterson, SPHR, CPBA with Markham,
Norton, Mosteller and Wright, Certified Public Accountants:
Timing on Recording: @ 23:28 ---
- Sandie's Background.
- How and when she found the DISC Assessment and why she decided to start using it.
- How and why she uses DISC Assessment on teams and with individuals. Sandie shares how it makes a difference and a few tips.
- She shares how and why she approached the self-study DISC Certification process.
- Sandie's contact information: phone: 239-433-5554 and on LinkedIn, here.
- Information on DISC Certification
Topic #4: The Five Content Focus Areas of This Podcast:
Timing on Recording: @ 53:09 ---
This podcast is for leaders, trainers and consultants who are focused on Talent Management in the areas of employee selection and professional development.
Each podcast will vary, but they will include: expert interviews and the sharing of my view and experience. I also plan to report from relevant conferences and meetings. There are five broad topic areas that I will be covering:
- 1. Activate Greatness (A Wake Up Eager Habit that focuses on how to bring out the best in yourself and in others.)
- 2. Grow Trust (Wake Up Eager Habit that focuses on why trust is crucial to growth and how to build in your company and in all of your relationships.)
- 3. Evaluate Job Fit (Wake Up Eager Habit that focuses on the importance of hiring the right people and putting them in the right seats.)
- 4.The Business of Training (A focus on resources and tools for talent development.)
- 5.Training Effectiveness (A focus on how to make training stick.)
- Here's an overview of all five Wake Up Eager Habits.
PODCAST: Subscribe to our Podcast or Help Us and Leave a Review
NEWSLETTER: Sign up for Monthly Email Updates
PODCAST: Most Recent Episodes Directory of All Episodes
RELATED DEVELOPMENT SERVICES:
· Certification: Become the Expert: Assessment Certification Training
· Hiring: Hiring: Secret to Superior Performance
· Surveys: 360 Feedback and Organizational Surveys
· Complimentary Consulting Call or Send Us Feedback: Contact Suzie
Contact us to schedule a Complimentary Consulting Call
or to ask questions about any of our Hiring,
Coaching, Training and Assessment services.