Five Reasons Why Employees Fail
and What To Do About It
Podcast #28 Show Notes
There is a Transcript for This Podcast, find it here: Transcript for Podcast #28
Overview of Episode #28. The following topics are covered:
The power of a person being “in accord with its
own nature” on the job
- Why people fail – two faulty beliefs by hiring
- What is Job Fit and why it matters
- Five reasons why people fail – Job Fit Car
- Actions You Can Take and 17 Interview Questions
You Can Use Right Away
Timing on Recording: @ 4:35---
Topic 1: What Employees Say and Leader's False Beliefs
- “A happy life is one which is in accord with its own nature.” Seneca
- What high performing
"My job fits me so well, often work is play."
"My work is a natural expression of my talents and personality."
"I don't have to pretend to be someone else at work."
"My job rewards my most important values and allows me to fulfill my goals in terms of personal growth, achievement, income and stability."
"I feel like a duck in a pond."
- What research tells us about
high performing employees.
Two beliefs hiring managers have that are false.
- “Are they going to be happy? Are they going to be productive? Will they want to stay? Will they own their job? Will they contribute their talents generously?”
Dr. Robert S. Hartman Developer of the Science Behind TriMetrixHD
Timing on Recording: @ 13:25 ---
Topic 2: Job Fit Car Analogy -Five reasons why employees fail - Job Fit Car
90% of the time when people fail it's related to one of these areas:
- UNDER THE HOOD - Personal Skill Horsepower.
- GAS IN THE TANK - Is the gas tank is empty or full?
- WHAT AND HOW THEY DRIVE: Does this person's style match the job?
- GARAGE: WHERE THEY'RE PARKED - Does the person fit our culture?
10% of the time, failure on the job relates to this area:
- ROADS TRAVELED AND FUTURE DESTINATIONS - Does this job match the background AND the future this person wants?
Timing on Recording: @ 25:10---
Topic 3: Actions You Can Take
Subscribe via iTunes or Leave a Review
Demystifying and Understanding TriMetrix
Get More Motivation with the Workplace Motivators Assessment Podcast
Three Biggest Interview Mistakes
Hiring Assessment Process
Schedule a Complimentary Consulting Call or
Send Me Feedback: Contact Suzie
STAY IN TOUCH: Are you a leader, trainer or consultant focused on building a Wake Up Eager Workforce? Subscribe to this Podcast Here. You can also sign up for monthly email updates, here. Thank you for being a part of this!!
Contact us to schedule a Complimentary Consulting Call
or to ask questions about any of our Hiring,
Coaching, Training and Assessment services.