Magic Motivation Tools:
Feed Forward and Triad Coaching Calls
Podcast #23 Show Notes
Overview of Episode #23. The following topics are covered:
- More Information about two development tools: Feed Forward and Triad Coaching Calls
- What they are and why they work
- My perspective and hear from a Senior Leader who’s used both tools
- How to use each tool - download step-by-step guide
- Tips to make them more effective
Timing on Recording: @ 3:50 ---
Topic 1: What is Feed Forward?
- A future focused way to get feedback for improvement. Simple three step process that focuses on the future, where you ask others for ideas for improvement.
- Three Steps:
1. PICK ONE: Pick #1 behavior you most want to change and want to get suggestions from others about to improve
2. ASK & LISTEN – ASK: “I’m focused on doing a better job of (insert focus area here). Do you have any ideas or suggestions for me?” LISTEN to EVERY suggestion without defensiveness or push back. GOAL:-Get as many ideas as you can.
3. FOLLOW UP- determine top themes – use them as your development and in a coaching process (create a Dashboard top 3 to 5 priorities) See more about the Dashboard Podcast #20 Also follow up by reporting back to the people who gave you feedback – what you’re working on.
- Why it's magic... my experience.
- 16:06 - SVP Dennis Wallenta shares about his experience with Feed Forward
- First discovered it in this book: What Got You Here Won't Get You There: HOW SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE BECOME EVEN MORE SUCCESSFUL.
- Article: Leadership Traits That Hold You Back
- Audible affiliate link: www.pricelessprofessional.com/audible
Timing on Recording: @ 26:53 ---
Topic 2: My Coaching Process and Handout
Timing on Recording: @ 31:29 ---
Topic 3: Second Magic Motivation tool Triad Coaching Call
- What is it? Three way call with me, a manager and employee who’s completed a TriMetrix Assessment. Usually my second coaching call with a person who’s being coached and/or received an assessment. 60 minutes. Employee and Manager Agenda in advance.
- Senior Leader, Dennis, “We’ve never had a bad triad call.” "window of sharing and honesty" –“measurable change and improvement”
- Sample Triad Coaching Call Agenda -PDF
Subscribe via iTunes or Leave a Review
Books and Podcasts Mentioned in This Podcast
Get a complimentary audio book and support this podcast by using my affiliate link: www.pricelessprofessional.com/audible
Understanding TriMetrix, Podcast #18
Expectations/Dashboard, Podcast #20
Leadership Advice @ Feed Forward and Triad Calls Podcast #24
Short- Term Leadership Coaching – Using TriMetrix
Schedule a Complimentary Consulting Call or Send Me Feedback:
STAY IN TOUCH: Are you a leader, trainer or consultant focused on building a Wake Up Eager Workforce? Subscribe to this Podcast Here. You can also sign up for monthly email updates, here. Thank you for being a part of the Wake Up Eager Workforce Podcast!!
Contact us to schedule a Complimentary Consulting Call
or to ask questions about any of our Hiring,
Coaching, Training and Assessment services.