A Powerful Leadership Skill:
Podcast #27 Listening Aggressively Show Notes
Go To Wake Up Eager Workforce Directory of Podcasts
Overview of Episode #27. The following topics are covered:
Timing on Recording: @ 2:10 ---
Topic 1: Avoiding to Acknowledging
- My story - avoiding Debbie Downer
- My Definition for Listening Aggressively: A focus on hearing in a determined and energetic way. When you are doing this well, you demonstrate your desire to understand by asking questions and listening with NO agenda other than to understand. Action Steps: Reflect, Probe, Support, Advise.
- Why You Should Never Tell Someone to Relax
|Walter - 4 month old Shih-Poo
|Oscar - 13 year old - Shih-Poo
Timing on Recording: @ 17:45 ---
Topic 2: Beliefs, Mindset and Habits of Great Listeners
- Gallup Research
- Tune in Time - 15 minutes a day
- "I seek to understand others first, before I try to get them to understand my view. THIS is crucial to all relationships and the level of trust and respect we have with each other."
- "Words alone don’t teach, life experience teaches. What I say needs to be clear, but people need to experience things for themselves to really know, understand and accept."
- "My example is my strongest message."
- "My way is not the only way, it’s just 'A' way. I am the Leader but I invite participation, new ideas and new ways of doing what we do."
- "I try to look at and focus upon the best attributes in others. Even in difficult and tense situations, I can discuss negative facts and behaviors, and still value the person."
- "I always expect the best from others."
120 Stress Management
Strategies and Daily Tips Digital Book:
Mind, Body & Spirit Insights for Professionals
See a Complimentary 36-page Preview, Here
Timing on Recording: @ 21:45 ---
Topic 3: Four Listening Aggressively Steps - R.P.S.A. and "the Nail" video
- STEP #1: R. Reflect - Is to: Verify and Clarify.
- STEP #2: P. Probe - Is to: Ask Clarifying Questions to Understand.“Do you mind if we ask a few questions, we’d love to get your thoughts...” “What did you think about...?” “Help me understand what’s…
- STEP #3: S. Supporting - Is to: Demonstrate Understanding. You can show understanding even if you disagree. You can almost always sincerely gain a true understanding of the other person's viewpoint IF you've done Steps 1 & 2-Relect & Probe, well. If you’ve been sincere in expressing your understanding you can then, successfully and safely, move to the next step.
- STEP #4: A. Advising - Is to: Provide Facts & Make a Recommendation.
- It Not about the Nail - video
- Charismatic Leadership - Article on Listening Aggressively
Timing on Recording: @ 38:00 ---
Topic 4: Six Negative Listening Habits and Two Favorite Quotes
- 2.The Interrupter
- 3.The Happy Hooker
- 4.The Advice Giver
- 6.The Intellectual or Logical Listener
- PDF on Negative Listening Habits and Four Stes in Listening Aggressively
- "The first duty of love is to listen." Paul Tillich, German Philosopher
- "The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when one asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer." Henry David Thoreau
Subscribe via iTunes or Leave a Review
Four Skills Best Bosses Have Mastered
Being a Best Boss - A Podcast Interview with VPHR Dr. Randy Reece
TRAIN/COACH: Corporate Leadership Training, Team Building and Coaching Programs
Schedule a Complimentary Consulting Call or Send Me Feedback:
STAY IN TOUCH: Are you a leader, trainer or consultant focused on building a Wake Up Eager Workforce? Subscribe to this Podcast Here. You can also sign up for monthly email updates, here. Thank you for being a part of this!!
Contact Us To Schedule a Complimentary Consulting Call or to Ask Questions
Priceless Professional Home