Podcast Episode #9:
The Power of Feedback
Overview of Episode #9 ---
- What American Idol has to do with 360 feedback.
- Why Feedback is your friend...
- Top 13 360 degree feedback mistakes, why they matter and how to avoid them.
Topic #1: What American Idol Has to do With 360 Degree Feedback
Timing on Recording: @ 2:25 ---
- What American Idol has to do with 360 Degree feedback
- My experience with feedback as I started my business in 2004
- Kellie Pickler - from hamburger stand waitress to performing in front of 31 million people
Timing on Recording: @ 7:59 ---
- Two things crucial to accelerated growth:
1) Intense and focused practice
2) Ongoing and Regular Feedback from Others
- "Our progress and growth as human beings, sales professionals and
leaders is accelerated by of feedback and it is crucial growth."
Timing on Recording: @ 9:30 ---
Topic # 2: The Power of Feedback - How Feedback Helps You All the Time, Every Day...
Timing on Recording: @ 11:05 ---
- Feedback helps you see something you cannot see, literally!
- Feedback can save you from major embarrassment, again, helping you see something you don't.
- Feedback let's you know when you're veering off track - so you can quickly get back on track, BEFORE you're off the road!
- Feedback can help you stay safe by helping you learn when you’ve crossed boundaries that could hurt themselves or someone else.
Timing on Recording: @ 13:40 ---
- Helps you understand how your behavior is impacting others.
- Helps you leverage strengths and address perception problems and skill gaps, quickly.
- Can be varied, contradictory, confusing, helpful AND hurtful. (For example on reality shows like American Idol the celebrity judges all see the same performance, and yet they often each rate the contestants differently! Confusing...)
- Is a time and place for people to share their opinions.
- Is a time for you to listen to those opinions by intently keeping your focus on trying to understand how other''s perceive your actions.
- Is a time for looking for themes and new understandings that can be used to catapult leadership and sales success.
- Is a tool that helps you improve your awareness, your skills and your knowledge about yourself.
Timing on Recording: @ 16:25 ---
- Yes. Feedback IS your friend.
- Master Composer of Music for the Queen
Sir Peter Maxwell Davies shared,
"If you don't get feedback from your
performers and your audience,you're going to be working in a vacuum."
"Our progress and growth as human beings, sales professionals and
is accelerated by of feedback and it is crucial growth."
Topic #3: The Top Thirteen Mistakes in 360 Degree Feedback
Timing on Recording: @ 19:35 ---
Timing on Recording: @ 28:02 ---
Timing on Recording: @ 37:17 ---
Timing on Recording: @ 44:09 ---
Subscribe via iTunes or Leave a Review
Episode #8 - 360 Feedback: The Good, Bad and How To
Episode #5 - Mythbusters: The Dark Secret of HRD...And What to Do About It
360 Feedback Tools and Resources
Complimentary Consulting Call or Send Me Feedback:
STAY IN TOUCH: Are you a leader, trainer or consultant focused on building a Wake Up Eager Workforce? Subscribe to this Podcast Here. You can also sign up for monthly email updates, here. Thank you for being a part of this!!
Contact us to schedule a Complimentary Consulting Call
or to ask questions about any of our Hiring,
Coaching, Training and Assessment services.