Healthy Eating Facts:
Part 1 , 2,
Four Healthy Breakfast 'Must-Haves'
In this Healthy Eating Facts Series, we started out by reviewing why eating a healthy breakfast can make us leaner, more energized, help us think more clearly...
...AND help us jump buildings with a single leap.
Well, I guess the leaping buildings part is a bit of an exaggeration, but eating a healthy breakfast does help you feel stronger mentally and physically.
Exactly what IS a healthy breakfast? What do you need to eat to make sure you get these superman-like qualities of looking leaner, having more energy and thinking more clearly?
Healthy Eating Facts:
Four Breakfast Must-Haves
If you want all the benefits we talked about in Part 1 use these guidelines @ what you eat for breakfast.
- Must #1) Drink two 8 ounce glasses of water first. Once
you get into this habit, you'll be surprised how good it makes you
feel. Your cells are thirsty, give 'em water right-away.
- Must #2) Include protein equal to the size of the palm of your hand.The word protein comes from an ancient Greek root meaning "of first importance." The body cannot grow or function without it. Protein cannot be stored in our bodies - therefore we need to have it at every meal for optimum health and cellular repair. Also, quality protein satiates hunger quickly, 'staying' with you longer and giving you energy. A few examples of lean protein include: eggs, egg whites, whey protein powder, smoked salmon, bacon, low fat cottage cheese, greek yogurt and dinner leftovers such as: ham, chicken & steak. (See the recipes coming next in this Series for more ideas.)
- Must #3) Include quality non-starchy carbohydrates. Quality, non-starchy
carbohydrates fill you up, are more natural and have more nutrients
with less calories, therefore feeding your body well and keeping you full longer. If it is processed and sugary (ie: Sticky Buns or a Cinnamon Bagel w/ gobs of cream cheese) it is not a quality complex carbohydrate. A few examples of quality carbohydrates include: old fashioned oatmeal, whole fruit and vegetables . (See the recipes coming up next in this series for more ideas.)
- Must #4) If you love caffeine in the morning, as most of us do, cut back on the cream and sugar (Try a low-sugar creamer or try coconut milk, and use a natural sugar alternative like: Stevia.) A great caffeine alternative is: green tea.
Green tea has the ability to suppress the absorption of fat &
increase metabolism, resulting in the burning of more body fat.
Healthy Eating Facts: Breakfast Recipes
In this Series I share three types of healthy breakfast recipes:
1) Grab and Go
2) "Fix & Eat in 15-20 Minutes"
3) "Weekend Fun w/ Friends & Family"
Pick the one that best describes your interest and go there now...
"To him whose elastic and vigorous thought keeps
pace with the sun, the day is a perpetual morning.” Henry David Thoreau
More Favorite Health and Nutrition Books/Experts:
This Book was re-released late 2012. It's catching alot of buzz due to the science that's covered and all the success people are having with it. The focus is on the basics - which is more whole foods and less processed foods.
In Perfect Health Diet, the Authors (who are scientists and PhD's. explain in layman’s terms how anyone can regain health and lose weight by optimizing nutrition, detoxifying the diet, and supporting healthy immune function. They show how toxic, nutrient-poor diets sabotage health, and how on a healthy diet, diseases often spontaneously resolve.
Click Here for the Kindle Version of Perfect Health Diet
Perfect Health Diet tells you exactly how to optimize health and make weight loss effortless with a clear, balanced, and scientifically proven plan to change the way you eat—and feel—forever!
Contact Us To Schedule a Complimentary Consulting Call or to Ask Questions
Go to Healthy Eating Facts, Part 3, Grab and Go Recipes, Now...
Priceless Professional Home