#1 Wake Up Eager Spirit Tip -
Daily Tune In Time
Overview of Episode #68 ---
- How you can use Daily Tune In Time to reduce stress and be more productive.
- Why Tune In Time matters and how it helps you.
- What famous people do around Tune In Time.
- How other professionals handle stress and create Tune In Time in their own lives – Get 15+ resources you can use to feel better right now.
Timing on Recording: @ 12:52 ---
Topic 1: What is Tune In Time?
- It is taking 15 minutes, a minimum of 15 minutes everyday to write, reflect, think, pray, meditate, be quiet, relax.
- Whatever it is, it tunes you in.
- Do NOT allow distractions: Turn the television off, no phone calls or texting, not on going our computer or iPad.
- It is just you, your thoughts and the calm energy of quiet contemplation.
- If you do 15 minutes, that is 1% of your day. Know you can find 15 minutes, to pause, reflect, plan, even if you go out to your car at lunch.
- Focus toward the positive.
- Tune in time helps release tension, worry and resistance.
- Train your focus or calm, ease and clarity.
- Connect to a broader view of life.
Timing on Recording: @ 14:37 ---
Topic 2: Rebecca Wait Shares What She Does Around Tune In Time.
- Morning routine that helps with overall well-being.
- 10-minute meditation first thing.
- Listen to an uplifting podcast, something where you can learn something new.
- Before bed, shut off my phone about an hour before bedtime and take that time to write in my Gratitude Journal 3 things that I'm grateful for in that day.
Timing on Recording: @ 15:30 ---
Topic 3: Why Do We Want To Do Tune In Time? Benefits for Suzie.
- We want to gain perspective.
- It helps us make better decisions.
- Our daily stress can be overwhelming, so we have to stop and consciously remind ourselves of that bigger picture, of that broader view.
- You start to realize how good it feels to feel good and what tuning in feels like.
- You will cope more effectively with things that come up.
- Tune in time is one of the best stress management activities that I have found, it is something that helps me shift my mood, clear my mind, and help me have more positive and consistent energy.
- You want to take 15 minutes to pause and reflect and the goal is to release tension and connect with a broader view.
- 15 minutes equals 1 hour and 50 minutes a week. It is only 1% of your day and in a year, 15 minutes a day is 91 hours and 25 minutes of stress management activity.
Timing on Recording: @ 19:03 ---
Topic 4: Quotes and Activities from Famous/Well-Known People Around Tune In Time.
- “You've got to design space into your life to escape.” “We need space to escape in order to discern the essential few from the trivial many.” – Greg McKeown
- Tim Tassopoulos COO of Chick-fil-A: Every month he schedules a library day where he spends the whole day in the public library. The library is helpful because you cannot take a call on your cell phone and this forces the solitude needed to think, read and plan for the future. When Tim became COO he doubled his library time, he explained that the only way he will lead his organization effectively is if he takes time away from the noise of everyday life to think, to pray and to strategically plan
- Taylor Jones, CEO of Whiteboard: He schedules one day a month offsite to think, plan and prepare, his Managing Director makes sure it is on his calendar, “I see that you don't have a day planned this month to take time away from the office. I'm not going to do it for you, but I'm not going to leave your office until you put it on the calendar.”
- Ray Dalio, Founder of the world's largest hedge fund, says, “Meditation is the single biggest thing he can trace back to his success.”
- Joe Rogan, Comedian and Podcast Guru: Medication allows him to focus on various ventures with a clear and cool-headed approach.
- CEO of Salesforce, Marc Benioff: He began meditating earlier in his career, spent time in Hawaii and India with spiritual gurus and returned with the vision of the future of his company. He has meditation rooms throughout Salesforce offices, when asked how meditation influences his leadership, he said, “Having a beginner's mind informs my management style.” “I know that the future does not equal the past. I know that I have to be here in the moment.”
- Jerry Seinfeld says, “I simply do it because it makes me more productive.”
- Tina Knowles-Lawson, Beyonce's Mom, says “One of my things is 15 minutes of prayer and meditation, if I don't do that, I don't have a smooth week or a smooth day.”
Timing on Recording: @ 29:32 ---
Topic 5: Sherry Hribar Shares What She Does Around Tune In Time.
- How to overcome hurdles and find a way to reframe a situation that has become a hurdle: Whether dealing with a personal or professional hurdle, something I want to try to resolve, you are trying to find every effort to resolve it, but when you aren't getting to where you want to go, I find that it's just helpful to kind of give it up and say, “You know what, there's a bigger plan.” There is always a bigger plan and realize that at some point in time it will be resolved.
- Say to yourself, “It's part of a bigger plan,” it helps you to reduce your stress level, it is kind of like handing it off to the universe.
- If you have a goal, write it down. It's much more likely that you're going to achieve your goal if you put it on paper. Put it on paper, fold up that piece of paper, put it in an envelope, or put it in a drawer, and in 6 months look back at that piece of paper and see what you have achieved.
Timing on Recording: @ 35:00 ---
Topic 6: How and What You Can Do During Tune In Time. Some Things Suzie Does.
- Look for things that feel good.
- Look for things that you look forward to.
- Look for things that lift your spirit.
- Suzie: Use a Joovv red light device, listen to very quiet and neutral sounds, air conditioning sounds, and I breathe, 3 breaths in, 5 breaths out.
- List of Appreciation.
- Suzie: I have a little recording of a script that I like, I recorded it on a voice memo and it's 9 minutes, it is very positive and very uplifting, I like hearing it in my voice for whatever reason, I think it is because it's like me talking to me.
- Listen to calming music.
- You can stretch or do yoga.
- Go for a quiet walk.
- Pet your animals.
- Read an uplifting book.
- Look at pictures that make you feel good.
- Daily List of Six
- Make specific lists of positive aspects about different people in your life
- Finish these sentences: “This is what I want… I want this and this is why… “Wouldn't it be nice if…”
- Use The Focus Wheel to get clear on your goals.
- Play the Alphabet Game.
- Write your 10 favorite things about something.
Timing on Recording: @ 42:45 ---
Topic 7: Shawn Simon Shares What She Does Around Tune In Time.
- I leverage the work of over a thousand neuroscientists.
- The brain has it’s own objective, which is consciously and unconsciously scanning not only for physical threats, but for social interactions that may be a threat at work, with family, with friends.
- SCARF: Check the status, certainty, autonomy, relatedness and fairness.
- Create a positive self-talk.
- Take action one day at a time.
- Being self-aware and self-motivated gives me resilience for continued new success.
- Awareness of being in touch with what I'm really feeling in the moment and understanding what and why I'm feeling that way.
Timing on Recording: @ 50:04 ---
Topic 8: Denise Hedges Shares What She Does Around Tune In Time.
- Use meditation to get out of your thoughts, to be able to observe your fearful thoughts, to get into your body and to just give some space between what is going on in the world right now, what is going on in anxious thoughts right now and give it some space and give yourself some ability to reset.
- Book and App: 10% Happier
- EFT or Tapping - Tap on the 7 different energy meridians in your body while you are keeping the subject matter, the circumstance of your upset or your anxiety, in your mind, you go through a process and tap on these energy centers where our anxiety is held within our body.
The Listener Artwork in Suzie's Office
Contract Denise Hedges, Sherry Hribar, Shawn Simon, Rebecca Waits
Subscribe via iTunes or Leave a Review
Links, Books and Podcasts Mentioned in This Episode:
Get a complimentary audio book and support this podcast by using my affiliate link:
Get a Free Audio Book with 30-day Trial
Four Can't Miss Actions to Nurture Growth and a Positive Attitude In The Workplace
VIDEO: Self Motivation Tips: Two Little Known Techniques for Finding More Motivation & Clarity
10% Happier Information
EFT (Tapping) Training Information
9 Minute Abraham "Good Morning" Verbiage
Kevin Paul Scott Information
Wake Up Eager Wednesday Tips
123 Mind, Body, Spirit eBook
#66 #1 Wake Up Eager Mind Tip - Essentialism: A Discussion with Catherine Blakemore
#67 #1 Wake Up Eager Body Tip: Intermittent Fasting with Amy Land
Become the Expert: Assessment Certification Training
Schedule a Complimentary Consulting Call or Send Us Feedback:
STAY IN TOUCH: Are you a leader, trainer or consultant focused on building a Wake Up Eager Workforce? Subscribe to this Podcast Here. You can also sign up for monthly email updates, here. Thank you for being a part of the Wake Up Eager Workforce Podcast!!