Podcast Episode #49:
Overview of Episode #49 ---
- Three Things You Can Do To Grow Trust.
- Five Fingers of Trust.
- How Fear Gets in the Way and a Bridge to Help You.
- Five Step Process for Leaning into Healthy Conflict.
Contact Rodger Price
Timing on Recording: @ 7:04 ---
Topic 1: Welcome; Why Does Growing Trust Matter?
- Produce more results.
- Produce more efficiently/effectively.
- It enriches your life, as well as
Timing on Recording: @ 13:12 ---
Topic 2: This life is about love, especially if you want to lead, it is really about love.
- There is truth.
- Servant Leadership Model.
- Be willing to ask tough questions.
Timing on Recording: @ 20:18 ---
Topic 3: Two things that will help you accomplish more than you ever have.
- Relationships: Have rich relationships, people will do
things, people will give you discretionary effort that they wouldn’t give you
if you don't have a good relationship with them.
- Make better decisions: When you are too busy, you make poor
decisions, if you make better decisions, even just 10% better, and the people
you are counting on help you achieve whatever it is you are trying to
accomplish, then you have better relationships, you accomplish more.
Timing on Recording: @ 32:03 ---
Topic 4: What
Gets in the Way of Growing Trust?
- Being busy.
- Fear , fear is number
- Not finding your
Timing on Recording: @ 59:06 ---
Topic 5: How
Do You Help People and Challenge People at the Same Time?
Lean into healthy conflict.
- Put the issue on the table, this takes courage.
- Seek first to understand, then to be understood.
- You don't have to agree, but you do have to figure out
to move forward.
- Follow through.
Timing on Recording: @ 47:20 ---
Topic 6: Five
Fingers of Trust.
- Character – Have to
trust someone’s character. (Middle finger)
- Commitment – How
committed are you to the team and to me? (Ring finger)
- Competence – Can you
do what you say you are going to do? (Pinky finger)
- Communication – Do we
- Alignment – Are we
aligned on something? (Pointer finger)
Timing on Recording: @ 58:11 ---
Topic 7: What are
some of the traits or things the people who influenced you the most do?
- They were courageous.
- They believed in you.
- They were tough, they
didn’t accept excuses, but they were tender hearted.
Timing on Recording: @ 1:05:35 ---
Topic 8: Close.
- Favorite TV Show:
Sports or American Idol, real life drama, anything learning (theology,
history), and comedies, The Big Bang Theory.
- Favorite Possession: My
- Advice You Would Give
Your 25 Year-Old Self: “My greatest failure to this
point is I have no great failures.” “Be willing to fail because that's where
you're going to really grow the most.”
- One billboard
anywhere, where would it be and what would it say: “Are you living?”
- Bit of Advice or
Wisdom You Want Every Leader to Take Away About Growing Trust: “risk being willing to give when you might not receive.”
Books Mentioned in this Podcast:
Why and How to Build Trust: The Foundation of All High Performing Teams
Leadership Article: Four “How To Build Trust on Teams” Tips
PODCAST: Subscribe to our Podcast or Help Us and Leave a Review
NEWSLETTER: Sign up for Monthly Email Updates
PODCAST: Most Recent Episodes Directory of All Episodes
RELATED DEVELOPMENT SERVICES:
· Certification: Become the Expert: Assessment Certification Training
· Hiring: Hiring: Secret to Superior Performance
· Surveys: 360 Feedback and Organizational Surveys
· Complimentary Consulting Call or Send Us Feedback: Contact Suzie