How Leaders Can Use the Power of Relational Presence to Engage and Influence
Podcast #25 Show Notes
Go To Wake Up Eager Workforce Directory of Podcasts
Overview of Episode #25 The following topics are covered:
- An interview with Speech and Presentation Coach Eric Atwood.
- All about a little known leadership and communication skill: Relational Presence. What it is, why it matters and how to develop it.
Timing on Recording: @ 1:35 ---
Topic 1: My First Remembered Experience of Relational Presence
Timing on Recording: @ 8:10 ---
Topic 2: What is Relational Presence, Why Do You Care About It? Why Should Leaders Care
Timing on Recording: @ 31:06 ---
Topic 3: How Does Somebody Get Better At This? What Gets in the Way?
Timing on Recording: @ 50:20 ---Topic 4: If a Leader Says, "That's too soft..." What Do you Say In Response? What Changes Have you Seen? What Does it Mean "to Be Witnessed?
Timing on Recording: @ 1:04:16 ---
Topic 5: Eric's Billboard, Advice to His 25/30 Year Old Self and Last Bit of Advice, Suzie Recap, Contact Info
Suzie's Recap of Eric's comments about Relational Presence:
- Eric reminds us to think about how we are relating to people, & that how we are being with people matters more that the words and content we use, those things are not what people remember, and by themselves are not what make people want to work for you and with you…
AWESOME Eric Quotes:
- "Sometimes the most influence you can have is when you invite people into the conversation."
- "Your presence really matters."
- "Be fully present."
- "Speak from your heart, not just from your mind."
- "Words are just a small part of how we express ourselves."
- "The best way to engage with people is to be real with others and relate-able."
- "The most powerful way to connect with someone is to just be yourself."
- "Be yourself in every interaction."
- "Be aware of how you are being with people."
- Reach Eric Atwood Here: www.TheSpeakersStudio.com
- Want to find a Speaking Circle near you? Speaking Circles Worldwide
Subscribe via iTunes or Leave a Review
Podcasts and Books Mentioned in This Podcast
Get a complimentary audio book and support this podcast by using my affiliate link:
Get My Free Audio Book w/ 30-day Trail
Four Skills Best Bosses Have Mastered
Being a Best Boss - interview with Dr. Randy Reece
Four Skills - Leadership Training Classes
Short- Term Leadership Coaching – Using TriMetrix
Schedule a Complimentary Consulting Call or Send Me Feedback:
STAY IN TOUCH: Are you a leader, trainer or consultant focused on building a Wake Up Eager Workforce? Subscribe to this Podcast Here. You can also sign up for monthly email updates, here. Thank you for being a part of the Wake Up Eager Workforce Podcast!!
Contact Us To Schedule a Complimentary Consulting Call or to Ask Questions
Priceless Professional Home