Poll Everywhere: A Meeting and Training Tool To Engage and Involve Participants
Wake Up Eager Workforce Podcast #10 - Show Notes
Go To Wake Up Eager Workforce Directory of Podcasts
Overview of Episode #10. The following topics are covered:
- The best way to open and a meeting and keep participants engaged.
- Meeting and training tool: Poll Everywhere.
- Interview with Poll Everywhere Product Manager Steve Farrelly.
- How Facilitator Linda Duncan has seen Poll Everywhere be used.
Topic #1: The best way to open and a meeting and keep participants engaged.
Timing on Recording: @ 2:00 ---
Timing on Recording: @ 3:45 ---
- What is Poll Everywhere? Poll Everywhere provides text message voting and audience Q&A, straight to your PowerPoint slide. It's the easiest way to gather live responses in any venue: conferences, presentations, classrooms, radio, t.v., print — everywhere. It works internationally via text, web, or Twitter. Our customers includes large and small companies, school and community organizations: Google, several global consulting firms, GE, McDonald's, and countless Kindergarten Idol competitions.
- Examples of how it can be used - from the Poll Everywhere website blog: Ways to use it- website: Icebreaker; Break up a marathon PowerPoint session; a pop quiz; team competitions.
Timing on Recording: @ 7:00 ---
Topic # 2: Interview with Poll Everywhere Product Manager Steve Farrelly
- All about: Steve Farrelly - Product Manager, Chief Gaiety Officer and What’s a Chief Gaiety Officer and Why Steve is posing with a deer head wearing headphones and mustache in his company photo.
- What it’s like to work at Poll Everywhere.
Timing on Recording: @ 14:40 ---
- What keeps people from using it.
- How trainers use this tool.
Timing on Recording: @ 18:40 ---
- Super unique and unusual ways people use Poll Everywhere.
Timing on Recording: @ 26:34 ---
- Clickable images feature – how this can be used.
Timing on Recording: @ 30:07 ---
- What’s coming next from Poll Everywhere.
- Steve tells us how to get started: “I recommend that everyone go to www.polleverywhere.com to try it out – it literally takes 30 seconds and there’s no signup required. Get tips and best practices on the Poll Everywhere Blog and follow up on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Topic #3: How Facilitator Linda Duncan Has Seen Poll Everywhere Be Used.
Timing on Recording: @ 43:19 ---
- How she's seen Poll Everywhere be used at community meetings
- How they used it to "create surprise and delight" at a very important meeting
- Contact Linda at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Share Your Comments, Questions and Uses for Poll Everywhere Here
Do you have a question or comment about Poll Everywhere? Have you used it? Share it all here!
Subscribe via iTunes or Leave a Review
Episode #7: Six Tools for Better Meetings and Training Sessions
Episode #5: Mythbusters: The Dark Secret of HRD
Workshops I Facilitate
Schedule a Complimentary Consulting Call or Send Me Feedback:
STAY IN TOUCH: Are you a leader, trainer or consultant focused on building a Wake Up Eager Workforce? Subscribe to this Podcast Here. You can also sign up for monthly email updates, here. Thank you for being a part of this!!
Contact Us To Schedule a Complimentary Consulting Call or to Ask Questions
Priceless Professional Home