Other Spin Bikes?
by Fitness Friend
Great article about spin bike workouts(and Coach Sean), Suzie. Did you try other spin bikes out? In the past I've spent timelooking for a new spin bike with a computer.
I spent a lot of time looking last year, but then came away with nothing. I do have spin bike at home which works fine so I didn't look much more after that.
Your bike looks awesome. But wondering if you tried others out and your opinions.
Hey Fitness Friend, I've ridden other bikes in spin classes at the gym. I did NOT ride a Keiser M3+ before I bought---could have been risky, huh?
I did read all those reviews on Amazon, talked with a Keiser Rep, talked to the folks who do the ProForm Tour deForce Bike (it looked cool, too), read a BUNCH of reviews and watched several YouTube videos... (there was a lot of negative chatter about the Tour de Force Bike-----and almost no negative chatter about the Keiser M3...)
What I love about the Keiser Bike:
- Smooth, smooth, smooth ride
- LOVE the way you add tension---with an EASY little lever that you push up or down (ya' don't have to crank a knob, just lightly tap the lever up and down---completely cool)
- My Purdue engineer grad, engineer-career husband was extremely impressed with engineering of it.
- I think it's pretty!
- Small footprint and lightest weight --- compared to others- so easy to move around
- My dear-Engineer-husband was out of town when it arrived - impatient and completely NON-mechanical-ME put it together. THAT is AMAZING, and nothing's fallen off (yet!) SOOOO easy to put together, apparently that's because it's so well-engineered.
- There are some complaints online about non-moveable handlebars. Seems to be an issue only for the rather-short people or very-tall people. I'm sorta on the short-side, so I ordered the M3+ ---which is the newest bike, with movable handlebars- absolutely perfect.
- Did I already mention how smoothe the ride is and how easy it is to use and how PRETTY and sleek it is? (oh yea, I think I did...but it is!)
Hope this helps you with your research, and thank you for visiting the website. Let me know if you end up with a new bike!
All the Best,
Professional Facilitator and Blogger