Podcast Episode #53:
Feeding Intrinsically Starved Employees
Overview of Episode #53 ---
- What does an intrinsically-starved employee look like, how does it impact and what to about it.
- Impact of Glassdoor.
- The power of having high interpersonal versatility and how to build it.
- Sharing about Ashley’s influences, favorite books, key tips for planning and more…
Contact Ashley Bowers
Timing on Recording: @ 6:14 ---
Topic 1: The idea of intrinsically starved employees. What is it? How do you know? What is the impact? Three things leaders can do about it?
- Employees want to know that their work matters.
- Employees want to know how they are contributing/making a difference.
- Employees are looking for deeper connections to their co-workers, leaders and to the company.
Timing on Recording: @ 8:30 ---
Topic 2: How do you know if you have this problem (intrinsic employees)? What’s the impact?
- What are others saying about your organization?
- What are your employees saying about your organization?
- Do your employees have the renter’s mentality or the owner’s mentality?
- Leading indicator vs. lagging indicator.
- How likely are your employees to refer another employee to work here?
- Book: The Ultimate Question.
- Job board: Glassdoor.
Timing on Recording: @ 15:46 ---
Topic 3: Top 3 things leaders can do for intrinsically starved employees.
- Be real.
- Be intentional about making a personal connection with each employee.
- Share failures.
Timing on Recording: @ 23:04 ---
Topic 4: High Interpersonal Versatility. What is it and how can leaders figure out where they are in this set of words and how can they grow?
- The ability to be a chameleon.
- Use that self-awareness muscle.
- Being okay with your self-awareness information but never allowing any of that to be an excuse for how we behave or don't behave in a situation.
- Have an accountability partner inside of your organization.
Timing on Recording: @ 31:41 ---
Topic 5: Who has most influenced you in your life and career?
- Personally: Aunt Sherry, beauty salons.
- Professionally: VP of Operations of Real Estate company.
Timing on Recording: @ 35:20 ---
Topic 6: What books, training programs, education, what's been most instrumental in your development along the way?
Timing on Recording: @ 38:33 ---
Topic 7: When you think of the word successful, who is the first person that comes to mind?
- My Grandfather, taught me how to be the person that I wanted to be and what success meant from a full picture.
Timing on Recording: @ 41:16 ---
Topic 8: Top things that you do to wake up eager?
- Vision board.
- To Do lists.
- Plan vacations well in advance.
- Family connections and community.
- Plan vacations for the experience.
Timing on Recording: @ 43:27 ---
Topic 9: How do you plan your days? Insights, tips?
- Internal meetings ONLY Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Accountability and coaching relationship meetings the 2ndand 4thweek of every month.
- Google Time Efficiency button.
Timing on Recording: @ 45:32 ---
Topic 10: Getting to Know Ashley Bowers.
- Actor or actress that would play you in a movie: Sandra Bullock, in particular, The Blind Side.
- Favorite possession(s): Porcelain dolls.
- Advice you would give your 25 year old self: Stop trying to prove yourself.
- Billboard anywhere, where would it be, what would it say: A compass saying, “Most people are good.”
- Last bit of advice or wisdom: “Lean into your people.”
Subscribe via iTunes or Leave a Review
Podcasts, Links and Books Mentioned in This Podcast
Get a complimentary audio book and support this podcast by using my affiliate link:
Get a Free Audio Book w/ 30-day Trial
The Traveler's Gift
Four Disciplines of Execution
Dare to Lead
Podcast Episode #14 Being a Best Boss - An Interview with VPHR Dr. Randy Reece
Podcast Episode #17 Get More Motivation with the Workplace Motivators Assessment
Podcast Episode #27 A Powerful Leadership Skill: Listening Aggressively
Podcast #36 Architecting Your Culture with Novologic CTO/VP Jeff Gray
Podcast #37 Improving Work Motivation and Inspiration - An Interview with "Just Listen" Author Dr. Mark Goulston
Podcast #44 Getting New Hires to Stay: Reduce Turnover & Increase Motivation in the Workplace
Schedule a Complimentary Consulting Call or Send Us Feedback:
STAY IN TOUCH: Are you a leader, trainer or consultant focused on building a Wake Up Eager Workforce? Subscribe to this Podcast Here. You can also sign up for monthly email updates, here. Thank you for being a part of the Wake Up Eager Workforce Podcast!!